The next time you visit www.tcomtraining.com, it might look a little different – the CANS-NY training website has moved to a new platform. The refreshed training website includes changes to navigation, appearance, and enhanced reporting abilities. We’ve also improved the structure of our content, to help you learn more effectively. There are a lot of smaller but dynamic changes, all to make your learning experience more effective.
For the first time logging in on the new platform (still accessed via www.tcomtraining.com):
- Username: email from LearnerNation
- Temporary Password: password
- You will then be prompted to reset your password after completing steps 1 and 2
- You will then be asked to select your agency.
- The naming convention is: Agency – ACS or Non-ACS Provider – Program. An example of this would be: Astor – Non-ACS NYC Provider – Health Homes.
- If you do not see your agency, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use the How-To Guide (viewable here) for accessing courses and becoming certified.
Once you’ve logged on and reset your password, you’ll need to select and enroll in New York’s Bundle to see your CANS-NY courses (see slides 5-6 of the How-To). A major change from the old platform to new platform: certification is now tied to completion of ALL steps in a course and not just to passing a final exam. So, for the FIRST time certifying on the new platform, you must:
- View the domain summary videos and review each section of the manual
- Take each domain’s summary practice quiz (a great time to test out your understanding of the content and get immediate feedback with the preferred rating’s rationale!)
- Take a practice test
- Take the certification exam
- After completing all the steps and passing your exam, retrieve your certificate (see page 21 of the How-To)
Another new feature of the new platform: you will no longer be locked out after unsuccessful attempts at a final exam. However, we will still be providing coaching and feedback. For CANS-NY users, this means access to certified regional coaches! Check out our Regional Coaches page for the current list of coaches and their contact information.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to:
- Lauren Schmidt at email@example.com
- The CANS-NY Institute at 1-833-802-2267, Dr. Suzanne Button, or Angela Pollard
- CANS-NY Regional Leads:
- Capital Region of NYS: Brandon Howlett
- Downstate Region of NYS: Cynthia Schelmety
- Hudson Valley Region of NYS: Mary Nichols
- Western Region of NYS: Josh Nellist